Archbishop McCarthy High School employs or contracts teachers who hold baccalaureate or higher degrees, have at least 3 years of teaching experience in public or private schools, or have special skills, knowledge, or expertise that qualifies them to provide instruction in subjects taught.
Catholic education is a creative and living process, which seeks to develop the individual wholly and fully. It is important for students to set high standards for themselves.
The curriculum is primarily designed for college preparation. Our Curriculum Guide includes guidelines for graduation as well as a description of all courses offered at Archbishop McCarthy High School.
The Guidance Department’s counselors work together for the good of each and every student at Archbishop McCarthy High School. The counselors work to meet the needs of each student and advocate the growth and development of all students.
Archbishop Edward A. McCarthy High School offers courses during school, as well as numerous after-school activities. We urge you to use your God-given talents and become a member of one of our incredible programs.
The Excelsior Scholars Program is an advanced academic opportunity offered to select Archbishop Edward A. McCarthy High School students who have performed at an exceptional level.
Scholarships are awards given to help pay for college, usually based on something a student does well, such as academics, athletics, community service, activities, or writing an excellent essay. There are several sources of scholarship money.
Archbishop McCarthy High School offers memberships in several Honor Societies that promote the values of education: foster excellence in scholarship, leadership and service.
Academics at a Glance
- Social Studies
- Physical Ed.
- World Languages
- Fine/Practical Arts
- Media Center
- Academic Counseling
- College Advisement
- Career Counseling
- Personal Counseling
- Parent/Teacher Services
TESTING – Class of 2019
- Act Mean Composite – 22.9
- SAT top 10% Math – 750
- SAT top 10% Reading – 741
- SAT Mean Score Math – 588
- SAT Mean Score Verbal – 610
- PSAT administered to all students in grades 9, 10 and 11
- Florida Law Honor Society of Secondary Schools
- French Honor Society
- International Robotic Honor Society
- International Quill & Scroll
- International Thespian Honor Society
- Mu Alpha Theta
- National Art Honor Society
- National English Honor Society
- National Honor Society
- National Social Studies Honor Society
- National Spanish Honor Society
- National Speech & Debate Association
- Science National Honor Society
- Tri-M Music Honor Society